Wednesday, December 3, 2014

NSO Birth Certificate

If you want to process NSO certificates, such as Birth, Marriage and Death, you may get it from NSO office located at the ground floor of Gaisano South Building, Colon Street. You may also process it to a Travel Agency but be aware of the service charge. Few of the travel agencies I visited in Lapu-Lapu City were the Wow Travel located at ground floor of Gaisano Island Mall, and the travel agencies in Marina Mall. It costs 500 pesos for NSO Birth. I haven't ask for the Marriage and Death. You'll get it for about 3-6 days after you gave your requirements. It's quite long to wait if you're in a hurry and expensive but the good thing is it is hassle-free. By the way, Cebu Normal University (CNU), no longer cater the processing of NSO Birth. I processed my NSO Birth in CNU before.

If you're out of budget and want the quickest way to get it, you go to the nearest NSO office in your City or Province. Most of the people when asked about the perfect time to visit the NSO office in Cebu City, they would say that better process it early morning like on or before 6 am to be sure that you'll not fall in a long line. But in my case, I went there at around 11:30 am because I visited first those mentioned travel agencies. For me, the line was just normal. Only few people were there to process. The first thing you must do is to get a form of Birth/ Marriage/ Death. Fill-out the form you want to process. After that, get a priority number at window 1 or window 2. Don't forget to bring your ID/ ID's. You will be needing it when getting the priority number and when claiming it. Someone will announce to which teller you will pay the 140 pesos for the NSO Birth. It is much affordable compared to the 500 pesos. Right? Hehe.. After paying the said amount which corresponds to the NSO certificate you want to process, you will claim it to the assigned schedules depending on the time you were able to process it. In my case, I was able to claim it an hour after. Very quick!

I processed my NSO Birth last December 3, 2014.

I attached 2 pictures regarding of the steps, payment and schedules.

I hope you found this information helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment